Sunday, July 24, 2011

DeLonghi ESAM5500M Perfecta Digital Super-Automatic Espresso Machine, Metallic Blue



I purchased this baby about six months ago and have already brewed 2,000 cups of cappuccino. I have settled on Illy beans and it is a real luxury to wake up, press one button, and have such a tasty treat. It does not create true coffee-house foam but it is close enough. Indeed, I am now accustomed to the slightly larger bubbles and find real cappuccino a bit too creamy. In any case, the beast has worked like a charm so far. It is expensive but life is short and little luxuries like this make it so much more enjoyable. I also bought an aerolatte electric milk frother, which makes much thicker and more authentic foam for when I really want creamy foam. But it is so easy to just pull the little milk frother that comes with this machine out of the fridge and press the button that I rarely use the aerolatte device, which is a shame because it was 90 bucks itself. But as I said, life is short and little luxuries make it sweeter. One issue is that it can be fussy to mate the milk jug with the machine: you gotta pull it off and push it back in sometimes to get the thing mated. The nice thing about a true super automatic device such as the perfecta is that you are not tied to coffee pods: it grinds whatever beans you give it. All in all, I am glad I bought it and paid off the credit card bill accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment